Bossk's Jeep #10

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
Bossk
Completed JP Jeep

Bossk's Jeep #10

Post by Bossk » December 13th, 2010, 7:47 pm

I have had my jeep a little over two weeks now, though lost a week as I mail ordered my paint. I thought it was a great buy, listed for 5K but with a trade in clunker, paid 3.2 cash. It had over 100,000 miles, but only a year ago, it had a new transmission and rebuilt engine still under warranty. It is a red 1995, and looks practically brand new.

I ordered the correct Sand beige metallic paint but masked off the parts that were already red, so had a lot less to paint. I made the numbers and letters myself from vinyl, and bought the multi overlay type JP stickers, and quite happy with them.

This Pic was taken Saturday, and we have had snow since then and haven't worked on it. I will probably paint the wheels tomorrow, and have a local sign shop that can do the license plate. I have the whip antennae -- just haven't installed it yet.

Interior and top are gray, but will worry about those later. As Jeep 10, I will take out the Roll Bar for actual displays. It is a stick as #10 was depicted in the film, but of course, it was really an automatic. I may try dying my seats green and add the spice color trim and saddlebags, although the real seats and cloth in the seat parts. Visually it should look nearly the same.

Looking for the correct fog lights. The Ebay guy no longer has them. I am also looking for a winch now.

I am posing in my new JP Veterinarian outfit just put together. The 'baby T-Rex' prop is a flexible vinyl toy from Universal Studios mail order gift shop...... I discovered it while chicking them out for any other Jurassic Park items..... regretably, there is practically nothing left.

I will continue posting updates and pics as the jeep progresses.
Attachments
JPjeepvet1.jpg
jpjeep4.jpg
jpjeep2.jpg
jpjeep1.jpg
1995 Wrangler to JP Jeep #18 (formerly Jeep #10)
2000 Landrover to non-canon Ingen Field Vehicle
1943 German Opel Blitz Radio Truck
1944 Willys MB Project
1974 VW Thing to Kubelwagen Project
Military Hummer Project

dan85

Re: Bossk's Jeep #10

Post by dan85 » December 14th, 2010, 4:13 am

lookin' good
1994 Jeep Wrangler

onibakagaijin

Post by onibakagaijin » December 14th, 2010, 1:02 pm

Looks really good. Are you gonna add any custom goodies like you did with the range rover?

Railtech
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Railtech » December 17th, 2010, 9:12 pm

Looks great so far, nice job. Looking forward to updates!
93 YJ Sahara/JP29 WIP

AJ Quick
Site Moderator

Post by AJ Quick » December 19th, 2010, 12:32 pm

That's amazing that you got it done so quickly.
1971 Volkwagen Beetle - 1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 1998 Dodge Neon R/T
http://www.GBFans.com/ - http://www.JurassicJeep.com/

Bossk
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Bossk » December 27th, 2010, 9:04 pm

onibakagaijin wrote:Looks really good. Are you gonna add any custom goodies like you did with the range rover?
Yep. I believe Jeep 10 was the Vet's Jeep and the side boxes were for veterinarian supplies. I have a lot of techy medical supplies from the flea markets around Fort Campbell. I will make some kind of tranquilizer gun and other stuff as well. The ultimate prop though will be a BIG T-Rex that has pounced on the Jeep...... watch for it!!!
Last edited by Bossk on February 5th, 2011, 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
1944 Willys MB Project
Military Hummer Project

Bossk
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Bossk » December 27th, 2010, 9:18 pm

AJ Quick wrote:That's amazing that you got it done so quickly.
Here are some more updates, winch, whip antennae, license plate and fog lights.

All I need to finish my 'exterior' now are the amber back lights and Sahara runing boards.

I know it isn't canon, but I also added a JP tire cover, for every day use, though not for movie prop displays. For displays the roll bar will also be removed to make this a screen-accuate Jeep # 10.

These pics were taken today in the parking lot of the Pratt Museum that I run at Fort Campbell. You can see some of our aircraft in the background.

I have had the Jeep for a little over four weeks now. Snow has slowed down the progress.
Attachments
101_0004.JPG
101_0002.JPG
101_0001.JPG
1944 Willys MB Project
Military Hummer Project

onibakagaijin

Post by onibakagaijin » December 27th, 2010, 11:06 pm

Looks good and I wouldn't doubt that Hammond wouldn't brand everything he could..including the tire cover. Did you have a local print shop do that or was it front the internet?

T-rex23

Post by T-rex23 » January 4th, 2011, 9:23 pm

i love your jeep, and when i was in the army i went to the patton museum with my platoon, it's kick ass, and as for your uniform in the first pic, did you take the shirt and pants from your dress uniform? or did you get it from a surplus store? and how much did you spend in all for the jeep, ive finally got funds freed up to start saving for it.

Bossk
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Bossk » February 5th, 2011, 10:29 am

T-rex23 wrote:i love your jeep, and when i was in the army i went to the patton museum with my platoon, it's kick ass, and as for your uniform in the first pic, did you take the shirt and pants from your dress uniform? or did you get it from a surplus store? and how much did you spend in all for the jeep, ive finally got funds freed up to start saving for it.
Thanks, Rex. I know the guys at Patton, but our musum is about 3 hours south at Fort Campbell. Yes, I still had my shirt but never wore it after I got out until making the JP costume.

Here are some approximate costs so far:

Jeep $3,200. plus a trade in.

Winch $250.00 (no the exact model but looks close)

Paint $130.00 (pre mix, large size spray cans of factory coor) Jeep was already red so only had to paint the Sand Beige.

Fog lights $40.00

JP T-Rex door logos- $35.00

Other emblems, self-made from vinyl Vinyl about $10.00

License Plates $30.00

Whip Antennae with base $70.00

JP T-Rex Logo tire cover (not Canon to film) $200.00

STILL NEEDS

Sahara running boards probably $100.00 without shipping, trying to find local ones.

Back amber fog lights about $40.00

Correct forest green seats and door panels with spice piping. (will dye/paint these correct color) About $80.00

Spice vinyl door and seat back 'sadlebags'. Will make, should cost about $60.00 in materials.

Dying top from light grey to spice $80.00

Steel cargo boxes $elf make to get them the exact size (100.00 in materials) This is specific for Jeep 10.

Giant T-Rex prop crouched on jeep Probably about 300.00 in materials.

Hope this is a help. Good luck with your jeep!
1944 Willys MB Project
Military Hummer Project