Dr. Alan Grant - Cosplay Album With Sources

Costuming and Cosplay
CoffeeHedake
Completed JP Jeep

Dr. Alan Grant - Cosplay Album With Sources

Post by CoffeeHedake » July 25th, 2018, 2:42 am

Hey all. I've done a few cons before and after the JPLegacy forums went down. I compiled some of my successes (and there's plenty of room for improvement), but wanted to share them here.

Album with info, sources for purchasing:
https://imgur.com/a/j9CRJ

References:
https://imgur.com/a/xE0zJ

Most of the album are from my first trip to CT ComiCONN in 2015. Some of the items have changed a bit, been swapped out, further weathered, etc. Perhaps this may help regardless.

If there are further questions, feel free to ask, or suggest improvements if you have any.

Thanks!

CoffeeHedake
Completed JP Jeep

Re: Dr. Alan Grant - Cosplay Album With Sources

Post by CoffeeHedake » September 8th, 2018, 11:40 pm

I think there might be some confusion. This is a photo album, no MP3. Sorry if I didn’t make that clear.

JEXP94
Vehicle Make/Model: 1994 Ford Explorer XLT

Post by JEXP94 » July 28th, 2019, 3:17 am

Hey there!

Sorry to revive a pretty much dead thread, but I have a question;

As we are all most likely aware, that shirt is near impossible to find, almost like it died with the movie. Would you happen to still have the shirt, and if so, could you take pictures of all the tags on it and maybe share it here? I have been searching for months to no avail but maybe my search terms are not accurate or I don't know exactly what to keep an eye out for.

I look forward to hearing back!

(P.S. I know he hasn't been here in a while but messaged him on facebook after posting this, I guess one can hope either way that he responds soon enough)

CoffeeHedake
Completed JP Jeep

Post by CoffeeHedake » July 28th, 2019, 5:45 am

(Album updated)

No worries. It's a Carhartt shirt, I'm sure I can even find the exact order history:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CBF135I/re ... pDb7WZRM6N

Unfortunately, it looks like even that shirt is becoming difficult to find. This isn't an exact accurate denim shirt, but at the time it was a pretty decent one, only requiring to remove a label from the left breast pocket with a razor blade.

silverfiend

Post by silverfiend » September 13th, 2019, 4:31 pm

I finally found a set of what seem to be a "correct" set of Dr. grant pants. They are a bit confusing though. I know from the rear pocket tag they are at least very close. It has the "Authentic Dry Goods - POLO CHINO - Ralph Lauren" tag. Looking at the front waist pleats and the movie still, they look the same. The waist size and inseam are correct for me, but the legs on these are MASSIVE. I could probably put both of my legs into one pant-leg.

I thought they looked a little "baggy" in the pics I have seen as I tried to track down a pair, but I thought it might have just be bad pics. As I look over the movie stills, there are scenes where his pants look a little baggy, but not close to how baggy these actually are. I wonder if the screen used pants were actually hemmed in for Sam Neil, which is why some of the baggy-ness still comes across at times.