Dennis Nedry Inspired Hawaiian Shirt

Working a JP project or event? Post here to share with board members!
VirginiaJP21

Dennis Nedry Inspired Hawaiian Shirt

Post by VirginiaJP21 » May 29th, 2021, 4:55 pm

Hello Everyone!!

As with my previous items (my Winch Repro Decals and two actual REP6000 refurbs) I was inspired to Spare No Expense and dedicated the last couple of weeks to working and designing a Dennis Nedry inspired Hawaiian Shirt.

Now what do I mean by “inspired”? Well fairly simply, I don’t want to step on Jade Fashions (the original creator) toes and get slapped with copyright infringement fees. So to get around it, I utilized their basic designs and color pallet to create a very similar, yet unique twist that I think we would all love.

The custom design will feature a uniquely “Tropical Jurassic Paradise” (original had paradise island) rope banner and will feature a few T-Rex skulls hidden and spread out through the other designs.

Now I know all of you would love to see a sample, and I would love to show it to you all, but as it is still being worked on between the company and myself, I don’t want to pull the cart before the horse and get your hopes all the way up. The same goes for the price. I’m negotiating with the company and the price will come down to how much interest there is and what material I decide to go with. Which is where you come in my friend!!!

Note: This will NOT be the shirt found on Etsy. No offense to the creator of that thing (if you’re on here), but all of you demand quality and attention to detail which is seen in your Jeep and explorer builds and interests.

I want to be the one to give you the item that so many of us have wanted (especially because it’s summer now!) and this will be as close to the real thing that you may be able to get.

I’m looking to order Hawaiian shirts, bandanas, and masks if the interests are there. So please, let me know if this is something you have to have, or something you’ll pass on.
Attachments
BF99356A-8DFA-4330-BA9A-A5C2498D6A3C.jpeg
BF99356A-8DFA-4330-BA9A-A5C2498D6A3C.jpeg (65.62 KiB) Viewed 7648 times

Dwight
Site Moderator

Re: Dennis Nedry Inspired Hawaiian Shirt

Post by Dwight » May 29th, 2021, 11:46 pm

If you are in the Jurassic Park Motor Pool groups on Facebook feel free to post this. Much more activity there and a better chance for your project to gain traction. I know one of the members who found the correct print on a Jade Fashions dress attempted to recreate the shirts but didn't have any luck.

What shirt I also think the group would really appreciate is the blue shirt with the white abstract design on it that Dennis wears. Everyone has been looking high and low for many years and we can't even come up with the brand of shirt.

Looking forward to eventually seeing the design you come up with.

VirginiaJP21

Re: Dennis Nedry Inspired Hawaiian Shirt

Post by VirginiaJP21 » May 30th, 2021, 8:14 am

Dwight wrote:
May 29th, 2021, 11:46 pm
What shirt I also think the group would really appreciate is the blue shirt with the white abstract design on it that Dennis wears. Everyone has been looking high and low for many years and we can't even come up with the brand of shirt.
I can definitely work on this and make it another run! Thank you for the idea and tip.