Oklahoma 3D showing

Working a JP project or event? Post here to share with board members!
ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Re: Oklahoma 3D showing

Post by ratrace427 » March 15th, 2013, 10:56 am

KNI1GHT wrote:Hey guys. I may have been silent for a while, but my Jeep and a local Explorer tour vehicle will be there as well. Has anyone actually spoken to their general manager? Just throwin that out there. It use to be a lady back when we did the Tuesday night cruises in Tulsa right across the street from that theater. I've spoken with her in the past, but I don't think she's in charge anymore. I'm sure that between now, and showtime, one of us could probably get their attention. ;)

Peace all.

Mike
I was told that there was to much liability and that i needed to get the ok from their insurance company. I thought it was to much trouble and we could just park in the parking lot up close. We could also park right up front till they tell us to move =). It is on a Friday i think so people will be at work during the day and the theater should be mostly empty, in theory.
I am John Sisemore on Facebook

KNI1GHT

Post by KNI1GHT » March 15th, 2013, 11:07 am

You're probably right. We did however do the exact same thing at "that" theater with Ecto 1 parked up front for their Ghostbuster screening during Halloween. Granted, that IMAX theater has a massive front area that you could damn near fit 3 basketball courts on, and it's always empty.......how cool would that be. 8-)

But that front approach area is where we parked Ecto. Which is practically right up front. I don't recall them asking us to move Ecto either. :D

And a daytime showing?? I think I'm going to aim for the later hours so I can bring my family with me. ;)

Just outa curiosity.....what is everyone's target time to go? Most of the guys I know I believe have to work during the day, but if there was a target time, that would be cool.

DrewSmith007
Site Moderator
Vehicle Make/Model: 1993 Ford Explorer

Post by DrewSmith007 » March 15th, 2013, 11:22 am

Mary and I would be hard pressed to make it there before 7, that is if I don't take off early (which I probably will).

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » March 15th, 2013, 12:37 pm

We need to make a time frame. We do not know the showing time yet but we can assume 7ish and that will be after everyone is off work so the theater will be very busy. If we can go during mid day that would make for more room but less eyes to ogle.

KNI1GHT

Post by KNI1GHT » March 17th, 2013, 9:44 pm

I don't mind the crowds so much. It's always a blast seeing a movie in a crowded theater vs an empty one......especially if it's an old favorite. I think in many cases, the crowd reactions remind me how it was when I first saw that particular movie. Reminds me of it's release day. :D

At any rate, I know myself and Shane, (the other Explorer Tour Vehicle) were thinking a later showing. It is after all a Friday night, and I've managed to get that day off work....but so many others will be finishing up their work day prior to the early evening hours.

I'd say that if the show times warrant it......I'd say a target showing from the hours of 7 or 9PM would make a good "start time" so as not to be ending to late in the evening. Just a thought.

Hey Tim.....when are you planning on going, or are you gonna wait for them to list the show times?

Peace man.

Mike

MrScorpio

Post by MrScorpio » March 17th, 2013, 10:37 pm

KNI1GHT wrote:I'd say that if the show times warrant it......I'd say a target showing from the hours of 7 or 9PM would make a good "start time" so as not to be ending to late in the evening. Just a thought.

Hey Tim.....when are you planning on going, or are you gonna wait for them to list the show times?
I'm fine with the 7PM or 9PM times. I requested the day off too so I'm fine with whatever :D
1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
JP #21

Oklahoma State Dinosaur: Saurophaganax which can be seen in Oklahoma at The Sam Noble Museum

TulsaJurassicPark

Post by TulsaJurassicPark » March 18th, 2013, 1:08 pm

Well I got the attention of the IMAX manager... Keep you guys posted on the reply...

I am game for anytime... this is too important to not be flexible... LOL... So, I'm probably taking the day off too.... LOL
=====================
Raul (Park Scientist)
Jurassic Behavior in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

KNI1GHT

Post by KNI1GHT » March 19th, 2013, 9:37 pm

The General Manager's name is Cameron Bush. He's emailed me several times so far throughout the month of March. Kathy, who was their former General Manager is no longer with them anymore. That's who I had dealt with in past times. Cameron said he likes the idea of the vehicles being there, but in our last chat, he said that he has to clear it with their Corporate Office first. At least if we want the vehicles up close in that large area in front of their entrance and ticket booth.

Not sure if he shared the same info with you Raul, but this is the info he shared with me between this past weekend and today.

Between you and me......I'm sure one of us will get a response.........but we all know how you love to answer your emails and messages dude. :lol:

Mike

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » March 19th, 2013, 9:44 pm

KNI1GHT wrote:The General Manager's name is Cameron Bush. He's emailed me several times so far throughout the month of March. Kathy, who was their former General Manager is no longer with them anymore. That's who I had dealt with in past times. Cameron said he likes the idea of the vehicles being there, but in our last chat, he said that he has to clear it with their Corporate Office first. At least if we want the vehicles up close in that large area in front of their entrance and ticket booth.

Not sure if he shared the same info with you Raul, but this is the info he shared with me between this past weekend and today.

Between you and me......I'm sure one of us will get a response.........but we all know how you love to answer your emails and messages dude. :lol:

Mike
Good job! I never got through by emailing him directly and on the phone i was told that i needed to call their corporate, he didnt want to mess with it.

KNI1GHT

Post by KNI1GHT » March 19th, 2013, 10:10 pm

I mentioned to Raul (TulsaJurassicPark) that I'll secure the parking places.....he secures the free passes. We'll just have to see who is the bigger pain in the ass. :lol:

...........No comment right Egon? LoL!!