Alan Grant props-Water bottle and carrier

Show off your JP props
Trespasser83

Re: Alan Grant props-Water bottle and carrier

Post by Trespasser83 » May 6th, 2020, 2:44 pm

Longtime lurker guys - I have no Jeep! However, I was quite intrigued when I stumbled across the YouTube video of Alan Grant's water bottle prop and it got me excited to try this relatively cheap build (great job btw walking us through that). I stumbled across this thread which was even older than video and found it very interesting and useful.

I wanted to chime in on the type of bottle used. I think specifically to find the right "flare" or "flange" of the Nalgene mouth, you have to look for 1000ml WASH BOTTLES. The wash bottles themselves all seem to have the screen accurate lip. I just got mine off eBay after getting the incorrect version for like $3.99. The only problem is, most of them have the wash bottle cap which has a tiny little L-shaped stem that squeezes out the liquid. You'll need a different cap - though the cap is never seen in the movie, I'd assume it was clear as well. I love how cheap this was to assemble! Just waiting on an item with an A16 patch and I have to get some black RIT dye.

It's so funny such a simple prop intrigued me, even as a kid, but I thought his water bottle looked so cool. I think it's that opaque translucent plastic that makes it look more "pro" for lack of a better word. The good thing is, my previous bottle had a clear cap so I'm hoping the threads are equally as compatible with my screen accurate Nalgene that shipped out today.