Pelican Case and Contents

Show off your JP props
John41

Pelican Case and Contents

Post by John41 » November 20th, 2019, 11:12 am

Hello All.

Here are a few pictures of some JP props I've gathered. I've always wanted one of the Maxa Beam searchlights for my Jeep, and since my Jeep project tends to go into hibernation during the winter, (Canadian winters suck and I don't have a heated workspace), I decided to search for one and a few more props.

Using Cyrix's video as a reference, (which has been a huge help), I've been trying to gather the items seen in the case. This is what I've managed to come up with:

The King Pelican case seems pretty close to the one in the movie, though I don't know for sure how old mine is. When I purchased it, the case was missing the purge valve screw. Fortunately you can still buy them. I got mine from the same place I got the replacement foam from. I have no idea if there is more you need to make it functional, but at least it looks the part now.

The MBS-410 is a great light. I managed to get this one for $250 USD, (with quite a bit added on after shipping and import fees were all counted). The light needed a new bulb, but it did come with a nice case, a couple of batteries (one dead) and a charger. The replacement bulb set me back another $250, but it was worth it to see it light up.

I picked up the flares at Canadian Tire. Nothing too special about them. Obviously with the dark text they don't look the part exactly, but I'm not too bothered by it. Might try my hand at painting them someday.

The fire extinguisher isn't screen accurate, though at least it's roughly the same size. I ordered a KIDDE 466141N from a surplus supplier but ended up with a 466141MTL. Given the delay in shipping I'd guess it was an old listing and they probably had to bring in new ones to fill the order. While I can live with the different label, the gauge and nozzle are very different and it does bugs my a little bit. Maybe someday I'll be able to find an older model.

Minor grievances aside, It makes me happy to see the whole thing come together.

NathansPROPS

Re: Pelican Case and Contents

Post by NathansPROPS » November 20th, 2019, 8:08 pm

Thats nice! Purrty too (Pretty)! Ive started retracing the original Logo so I can switch the one I have on mine for a more accurate version. I was thinking about spraying mine with gray primer to give it a more uniform and new look but I suppose the marks give it character.

piolow

Post by piolow » November 21st, 2019, 3:00 am

You got some really nice stuff!
1992 Sahara with some jeep aftermarket parts such as a winch, lightbar and auxiliary lights.

Cyrix9445
Site Administrator
Vehicle Make/Model: Ford Explorer
Facebook Name: Brandon Constant
Facebook Profile URL: https://www.facebook.com/jurassicparkexplorer04/
Instagram: cyrix9445

Post by Cyrix9445 » November 21st, 2019, 10:05 pm

Nice man! Great work.
1993 Ford Explorer

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » November 22nd, 2019, 9:25 am

I had no idea the maxabeam was that kind of money. Replacement bulb is 250? was that a typo? Dang!?
Last edited by ratrace427 on November 23rd, 2019, 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am John Sisemore on Facebook

Dwight
Site Moderator

Post by Dwight » November 22nd, 2019, 2:28 pm

I really want a Maxabeam light too but cant justify that kinda money spent on a prop until after my build is done. I wouldn't mind snagging the right Pelican Case though! Great looking props!

NathansPROPS

Post by NathansPROPS » November 22nd, 2019, 6:04 pm

Question? Could you provide me with the Height and width of the Pelican logo area? Im currently retracing them in Illustrator to make a decal to put on mine. I will measure my logo box and compare with yours? Inches work. Thank you!
Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 6.04.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 6.04.39 PM.png

Dwight
Site Moderator

Post by Dwight » November 22nd, 2019, 6:48 pm

If you end up getting the decals made you should make a few :). I wouldn’t mind buying a couple off you in case I can’t find a one with the wording “king” on it

John41

Post by John41 » November 23rd, 2019, 3:57 am

Here are a couple of pictures of the logo. The surface wasn't level and I don't know how accurate that strait edge is but it should be in the ballpark.

Edit: Reads inches and posts pictures in centimeters. No more morning posting before coffee :)

NathansPROPS

Post by NathansPROPS » November 24th, 2019, 7:42 pm

Dwight wrote:
November 22nd, 2019, 6:48 pm
If you end up getting the decals made you should make a few :). I wouldn’t mind buying a couple off you in case I can’t find a one with the wording “king” on it
Thats the plan to make them available to all. And thank you for the dimensions, Cm or inches work I prefer working with mm. But these will do just fine!