Manny's JEEP 12 build

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
ImperialTrooper
Site Administrator

Re: Manny's JEEP 12 build

Post by ImperialTrooper » January 15th, 2013, 1:15 am

To be honest, I've been washing mud from my seats, and my undercarriage, even months after I went through a single mud puddle. I don't think I've seen any sand get stuck anywhere. As for the repainting the bumper, that sounds like a good idea, I've been craving to mod my Jeep further towards completion, but didn't really have money to spare. This seems like an easy, and cheap mod that will make my front stand out more. I'll do it this weekend. Does truck bedliner give a non-oem texture to the bumper or is it smooth enough to pass off as OEM?

Boomerjinks
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Boomerjinks » January 15th, 2013, 2:03 am

The texture of the aerosol bed liner is pretty smooth. If you use the roll-on stuff you'll get a rougher texture, similar to an actual truck bed, which is what I bet you are imagining.

It dries almost as smooth as flat black paint, but it sticks to everything and seals rust.

ImperialTrooper
Site Administrator

Post by ImperialTrooper » January 15th, 2013, 2:35 am

I was indeed imagining the roll on stuff, I'll give the aerosol version a try.

ImperialTrooper
Site Administrator

Post by ImperialTrooper » January 20th, 2013, 7:40 pm

Did some work on the Jeep this weekend. Changed the lower radiator hose, and topped off the fluid level in the transfer case. Aside from general maintenance, I've installed my "insta-trunk" metal cover which now allows me to store valuables in the trunk. My valuables include: First aid kit, tools, emergency rations & water, and spare gas.

teckman02

Post by teckman02 » January 20th, 2013, 11:39 pm

looks good... what are your plans fo a rear bumper? Because in the event of someone rear ending you your tub and frame will be taking the inpact, them hoops on the rear wont do a theig they will just fold in i have seen what can happen

ImperialTrooper
Site Administrator

Post by ImperialTrooper » January 21st, 2013, 12:16 am

teckman02 wrote:looks good... what are your plans fo a rear bumper? Because in the event of someone rear ending you your tub and frame will be taking the inpact, them hoops on the rear wont do a theig they will just fold in i have seen what can happen
I have been considering getting an aftermarket rear bumper with swing-away tire carrier. I think the stock bumper is the ugliest feature of a YJ, and I hate answering the question "is that to put extra gas cans?"
But in all honesty, it boils down to wanting to try to reproduce Jeep 12 with the accuracy I can afford, and an aftermarket bumper is not accurate, nor in my budget.

teckman02

Post by teckman02 » January 21st, 2013, 12:46 am

ImperialTrooper wrote:
teckman02 wrote:looks good... what are your plans fo a rear bumper? Because in the event of someone rear ending you your tub and frame will be taking the inpact, them hoops on the rear wont do a theig they will just fold in i have seen what can happen
I have been considering getting an aftermarket rear bumper with swing-away tire carrier. I think the stock bumper is the ugliest feature of a YJ, and I hate answering the question "is that to put extra gas cans?"
But in all honesty, it boils down to wanting to try to reproduce Jeep 12 with the accuracy I can afford, and an aftermarket bumper is not accurate, nor in my budget.
:shock: Image now that is a new one i have never herd that one before "is that to put extra gas cans?" WOW some people

Boomerjinks
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Boomerjinks » January 21st, 2013, 2:14 am

teckman02 wrote:looks good... what are your plans fo a rear bumper?
Am I the only one perplexed by this question being asked here?

sfuflash23

Post by sfuflash23 » February 9th, 2013, 2:51 am

nope, I was to Boomerjinks
Does someone go out in the park and pull up the dinosaurs skirts?

ImperialTrooper
Site Administrator

Post by ImperialTrooper » May 12th, 2013, 10:06 pm

With Las Vegas Car Stars happening next weekend, I got lots of work done.

First off, the wheels and tires got a good cleaning. I will wash the rest of the car the day before the event so there's no tire shine overspray left.

Got a Tuffy hood lock to deter thieves and vandals.

Per Kevin's recommendation, I painted the front bumper to give it a fresh new look. I also unspooled the entire winch cable to reorganize it.

My rear tire stopper was the same color as the body, so I painted that black.