Jeep Comanche- Park maintenance build

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
RustyRodder

Re: Jeep Comanche- Park maintenance build

Post by RustyRodder » August 23rd, 2018, 3:35 pm

Maybe I'll do more research- I know places make entire kits to swap in a 5.3/4L60 to the MJ/XJ platform. not much on Hemis though!
JP25- Jurassic Park Maintenance, 1988 Jeep Comanche
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2680

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » September 13th, 2018, 10:24 am

any more thoughts on engines? What about doing head work on the straight six? you could swap in the fuel injection from the late model 6's. Mill the head to bring up compression. Maybe install pistons that are the right size from another engine to increase the compression. It would be work to swap in the harness but you would have to do that anyways with a v8 swap. With a crazy custom straight six though people minds would be blown! All engines are (suck,squeeze,bang blow) How awesome would it be to have a straight six putting out some serious power. This makes me excited but i dont have the time to tear mine down.
I am John Sisemore on Facebook

RustyRodder

Post by RustyRodder » September 15th, 2018, 3:22 pm

Right now, it seems to be running allright after cleaning all the grounds & Changing the alternator. I stripped a bolt hole on the timing cover, so the oil pan is leaking a little.

I could swap in a later model- the 91-96 engines can be done. The 97+ would have OBDII capability, but I would have to stick in the entire harness as well as figure out how to change the fuel pump, gauges, and trans control. However, I could stick a small blower on it.
JP25- Jurassic Park Maintenance, 1988 Jeep Comanche
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2680

cstephens85

Post by cstephens85 » March 12th, 2022, 11:35 am

How is this truck doing? I have a Comanche and am contemplating doing a JP theme.

Also for those asking about engine, best bet is to keep the 4.0L (follow some tips online for tuning the “Renix” FI system), or go with a Novak LS swap. There’s a ton of reasons why 5.7L Hemi or other non-LS engines are not preferred—Novak outlines them on their site.