JP15, crunch for june

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
MrDNA

JP15, crunch for june

Post by MrDNA » April 28th, 2022, 7:59 am

had my '94 since '03

at this point, don't recall what made me commit to a JP TV mod/build. But about 4 years later......

I have a 1994 explorer, manufactued in october-november of 1994. Following picture is at point where side molding and pinstriping has been removed. "91 rearpassenger AS2 Glass is installed, and the stock rear AS3 quarter glass uninstalled. Lighter AS3 hatch glass is installed. Rear hatch door bdging removed.

gotchoself plethora o' option for front brush & taillight guard:

gotchoself roofboxlights & brush guard lights ( kc, non SA but being painted so wateva on that... still lenses matter....:

gotchyoself dashcams++++?

gotchoself SA runningboards?

gotchoself AS2iest of glass?

gotchoself t'least 1 juicy/WAP high mount,sittin on a vista/bubble roof from a Darrien run?

gotchoself 401 supplied vinyls?

gotchoself nathansprops repro console control cast?

gotchoself this phosphorescent stuffs?

on the way to JP15. s'arugbyreference

waiting on roofbox shipping. Don't have gooseneck mic, not a priority atm. paint & center console choices happneing fast.

everything set back due to crashed dmc12....

MrDNA

Re: JP15, crunch for june

Post by MrDNA » April 29th, 2022, 1:28 am

removed molding, mirrors, badges, glass, grill, bezels bezels bezels etc.Properprepper .

Dwight
Site Moderator

Post by Dwight » April 29th, 2022, 7:14 pm

Thats a whole bunch of goodies there!

MrDNA

Post by MrDNA » May 4th, 2022, 4:32 am

pulled off rest of molding.
de riveted, re de burred

(1st of few) un dirtify, de grease

need to fix that right panel. Will do at the same time fixing all the little body dents.

welded holes from euro bar before sendoff to powdercoat

filling the side runner holes tomorrow.oof

dstone
Vehicle Make/Model: 1995 Jeep Wrangler
Facebook Name: Drew Stone

Post by dstone » May 6th, 2022, 5:09 pm

Love the progress! Did the trim that was riveted in come off without much fuss? I'll need to pull mine before I start prepping for paint. Would love to hear more about the DMC-12; that's one of my dream cars.
1995 Jeep Wrangler JP10 - WIP
1995 Jeep Wrangler JP12
1991 Ford Explorer EX04 - WIP
1992 Ford Explorer EX05 - WIP

MrDNA

Post by MrDNA » May 7th, 2022, 12:52 am

The popriveted trim, which is in the following locations
hatch door above and below glass
upper outside front & rear doors,
top of front & rear door portals.Weather trim
is not fussy. Some of them did free spin, but backing out the drill bit, slowing it down, and angle-ing it slightly gets the rivet to slightly bend & catch the body metal which will cut into the rivet externally, splitting it in 2.
outside of front & rear door glass bottom is retained only with the 2-piece acorn nut.

There is 1 2-piece acorn nut on each end of the outside door trim pieces. If the silicone? that is used to bind the pieces has failed you might get freespin. just pull off the acorn top straight out , and then use wrench on the 2nd piece which is normal nut.

the rear trim above & below the hatch glass has a plastic retainer on the ends of each piece. That's the most sensitive procedure as you must flex the trim to remove. The trim will very easily bend(crease) if done too forcfully. Learned that a decade ago.

The side trim/door bumper along the lower part of the door is retained with double sided tape. That is simple to remove with a putty knife. The double sided tape though, is a hassle. Using a razor make it very easy to mess up and cut into a good base layer of primer one hopes to reuse for painting. I used a heat gun and motorcycle innertube to wipe off the remainaing tape. Takes a while but definitely preserves the paint integrity.

The dmc-12 is a friends, who inherited from his father. Repaired & tuned it in 2019 after it hadn't run right for a loooong time. Received again for various small reasons. The accident ( as far as I can tell) appears to have occurred due to the front left upper control arm ball joint socket failing by stretching out. Can't explain it completely. 32mph around a curve (as the speedio read) while testing speedo repair (cable lube). Something failed, skidded out. Must have kitty prided through a boulder by the tire path. I have no reasonable explanation as to how it is not much much more damaged. Tire path- boulder-tire path. happened in no cell service area. For those who enjoy strange coincedences, the person who stoppped to help had the same first&last name of my friend's deceased father.

MrDNA

Post by MrDNA » May 11th, 2022, 8:59 pm

bzzzzzzz
welded & deburred. just wide enogh to fit the lamp base mount.

heeere tiggy tiggy
that metal is thin. took a few tries to not burn through. used thicker patch metal with a backing lip. tedious.

MrDNA

Post by MrDNA » October 30th, 2022, 3:46 pm

june crunch failed. still waiting on that roof box. mean time , aquisitions made: