Automated Electric Tour Vehicle #05 - WIP

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
JEXP94
Vehicle Make/Model: 1994 Ford Explorer XLT

Automated Electric Tour Vehicle #05 - WIP

Post by JEXP94 » June 4th, 2021, 3:36 am

For those who are unaware, this may come to you as bit of a surprise, but about 1 and a half months ago, Dwight sold his explorer and all the parts that he collected for it over his time owning it, to focus on building a JP12 replica instead.

Dwight's explorer didn't go far though, because I am her new owner and will continue her legacy :)

I've already been taking loads of photos basically as soon as she arrived at my house, and I couldn't be happier.

Since the arrival, I've paid for the custom center console and custom dashboard by the motorpool member who makes those parts, and am currently in the process of saving up just a bit more cash to be able to get in on the next run of the bubble roof / roof box sets that another member does. Once those are all paid for, the only thing I have left to do is source paint that looks good and won't break the bank, and I'll be ready to assemble her!

In the meantime, while I work to save up cash from each weekly paycheck for this fairly expensive hobby.... :P

I have also decided that I will build my own version of the tour program, from scratch. Well, mostly from scratch. I don't feel like writing up a new script and hiring a voice-over professional, so I'll be utilizing the currently existing audio files in that regard for that purpose, but everything else (except the screen accurate bits), will be created by me. I'm still waiting for the day that Cyrix9445 releases his tour program that he's been building for years because, honestly, I don't think I'll even get close to the level of quality he has on his, but this aspect of the explorer project will be a fun way for me to learn how to really hone my animation and creativity skills by pushing myself to try new things and to attempt accomplishing new goals by finding different methods of solutions I may not have thought about before.

Another thing to mention - my "brand" as I guess you could call it, was previously JEXP94, or the Jurassic Explorer 94. I chose that initially because I wanted to make something accurate still, but unique in it's own number, and also my year of birth. However, after purchasing the explorer from Dwight, I decided to carry-on the goal that Dwight had to build the #05 tour vehicle, and I also realized that having a true "movie car" was, for me, cooler to show off than one based on the movie but with a number I chose. I also chose to rebrand to the Automated Electric Tour Vehicle for a couple different reasons. Mainly, I have intentions to, at some point in the future when I have the money saved up for it, convert the engine and drive-train system to a modern hybrid vehicle motor / transmission so that it can actually silently "function" as an electric vehicle at low speeds (for car shows, events, etc.) without hearing a clunky 26 year old V6 engine. Furthermore, I have plans to be able to operate the vehicle for acceleration, braking, and maneuvering, all without a driver actually being in the driver seat, but that plan will become more publicly available as time goes on and once things become more solidified and finalized for realization.

Essentially, my goal is to make this the most true to form version of the tour vehicle that even the movie couldn't do without movie magic and editing. Think of it as if Jurassic Park had been a real achievement, and that the tour vehicle was no longer something based in fiction, but created with real purpose and reason behind every design choice, accessory, and customization.

This will be a slow moving project at first given I still need to save money for the last big ticket items, but I hope to update this thread as I do more in relation to the custom tour program and other various things. Until then, I hope to see you all along this journey!

If you would like to keep up with me on a more regular basis, you can find me on Instagram at @AETV05, where I will be posting semi-regular content and discussion posts about things relating to the explorer, fun facts, requests, etc.

Without further adue, let's hurry up and wait! ;)

Dwight
Site Moderator

Re: Automated Electric Tour Vehicle #05 - WIP

Post by Dwight » June 4th, 2021, 4:03 pm

One day you're going to make me regret selling it aren't you? JK! I have no doubt that you'll do her justice and build a very accurate Tour Vehicle! Keep us posted over here on the forums!