JP18 Build Thread (Number 2), Jacksonville FL

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
Dwight
Site Moderator

Re: JP12 Build Thread, Jacksonville FL

Post by Dwight » May 25th, 2021, 9:27 pm

I think you would really benefit from joining the Jurassic Park Motor Pool Workshop group on Facebook. There are others that have more knowledge in certain areas such as the ACC carpet. And others that are selling the screen accurate RadioShack antenna bases. I've gotten a handful of accurate bases from Victor Hugo in the group. And there may be more coming up for sale from another member. If you have a Facebook, I can send you an invite to the Workshop group if you'd like.

The carpet is one of those things im not the most knowledgeable about but there have been quite a few discussions over on Facebook over the best options. If i were ordering a set for myself in the future i would be doing a complete set WITH rocker panels, in the cut pile option, dark green, WITHOUT mass backing (since im using sound deadener). You could do either the carpet with mass backing and not do sound deadener, or you could do both if you want to spend an extra $230. I think my sound deadener will be just fine.

I don't believe the Jeeps had floor mats, but for the sake of protecting your carpet, there are some rubber floor mats that have the same tread as BFGoodrich tires. Not sure where to get them thought.

For my original carpet, i'm actually having the carpet professionally cleaned tomorrow and then they will most likely go back into the box until i'm done painting.

Lastly, I am installing the sound deadener on the entire floor pan area. Basically any area that gets covered by carpet will get some sound deadener. I even added a little to the understand of the black plate that covers the hole where the shifter boot is. Here is a progress update on how much i've done. Only have the passenger floor board area left to do.

tempImagerwNLFG.gif

Sync

Post by Sync » May 26th, 2021, 1:19 pm

I really want to join the JPMP but conditions are strict on Website. It is for Jeep owner or JP Jeep owner. And I am not any of these ones yet ...
I have sent an e-mail on the website to ask for permission. But no response so far.
Did it maybe 5/6 days ago.

Then, yes it could be really helpful if you can send me a Facebook invitation !
I will send to you my e-mail address and FB account by private message.

Sounds nice for you ! Project ongoing. So cool.
When will you start the paint ? You’ll do it by yourself or ?
Really well done for the sound deadened. It looks so nice ! Serious work done, it looks like OEM ^0^

bikemancs
Vehicle Make/Model: 1994 Wrangler
Instagram: Big_Es_Motorpool

Post by bikemancs » May 27th, 2021, 2:21 pm

Sync wrote:
May 26th, 2021, 1:19 pm
I really want to join the JPMP but conditions are strict on Website. It is for Jeep owner or JP Jeep owner. And I am not any of these ones yet ...
I have sent an e-mail on the website to ask for permission. But no response so far.
Did it maybe 5/6 days ago.
https://www.jpmotorpool.com/reference.html

You can access this without an account.

You will join the builder's workshop when you start a vehicle. Once it's complete, you apply for full membership to the motorpool.
1994 Wrangler Sahara. Soon to become JP-30

Follow the progress @ Big E's Motorpool (insta: big_es_motorpool)

Dwight
Site Moderator

Post by Dwight » June 18th, 2021, 10:55 am

Haven't done much to the Jeep recently other than finishing the installation of the Noico 80mil. Although, there's not much left to do other than get the Deaver leaf springs installed, get some searchlight ring guards, clamps, and wire caps.

Then it will be on to paint and light assembly for the final push.

tempImageEhfHd7.gif

JEXP94
Vehicle Make/Model: 1994 Ford Explorer XLT

Post by JEXP94 » June 23rd, 2021, 3:53 am

Please do a time-lapse of the paint work, those are the coolest :)

Dwight
Site Moderator

Post by Dwight » July 20th, 2021, 8:56 pm

Picked up a new in box REP6000. Not every day you come across a 20+ year old winch that's never been used. It's going to sting a little, but I have to change out the decals and add chrome tie rods to make it more accurate.

I already sold off the other REP6000 that I had in order to offset the cost of this one.

tempImagedgcK1d.gif

Dwight
Site Moderator

Post by Dwight » August 13th, 2021, 8:37 pm

Although not screen accurate, I love little details like this that really bring a build to life. Its something you would think that an actual Jurassic Park would of done for the Jeeps.

tempImagex6gv95.gif

Dwight
Site Moderator

Post by Dwight » August 21st, 2021, 6:12 pm

Not a big update since I'm at a small roadblock in my builds progress, but I've just been doing some minor restoration on some of the smaller details. This weekend I did the seatbelts. Took some Simple Green and a soft bristle brush to clean them, used some chrome polish on the back side of the buckle, added the new PRESS decals from 401graphics, and finished it off with some VRP from Chemical Guys.

Currently I'm just doing some basic maintenance on the Jeep prior to finishing the Jurassic conversion. I've done the spark plugs, wire, distributor cap and rotor, oil change, and some engine detailing.

Next up I'm doing a coolant flush, installing a new radiator, thermostat, and housing. Originally I was planning on doing a super upgrade and going with a Mishimoto radiator, silicone hoses, and electric fan, but decided to just go with a basic setup to save a little money. Expensive upgrades can come once the Jurassic build is complete.

My biggest hurdle prior to paint is getting my Deaver OEM spec leaf springs installed. However, I'm waiting on my rear Bilstein shocks to arrive so that I can do everything at once. The front shocks arrived within a week but the rears have been delayed and I'm assuming its COVID related.

tempImagewmpvVE.gif

Glissard
Instagram: @raptorwrangler18

Post by Glissard » September 6th, 2021, 4:49 pm

Man, I haven't been back on this site for a while and saw the #12 thread. Love following your new build! It'll be even better this time around. Incredible work as always, good sir.
Don't Worry.png
Don't Worry.png (154.14 KiB) Viewed 187977 times

Dwight
Site Moderator

Post by Dwight » September 7th, 2021, 8:53 pm

Haha! I actually went over to the JP18 thread and read through its journey. Fun to reflect every now and again. And for sure I learned a few things on that build (although minor).