No#yet

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
Dne007
Vehicle Make/Model: 1992 Jeep yj Wrangler

No#yet

Post by Dne007 » October 22nd, 2020, 6:58 pm

Hi, I'm dne' in Cypress, Tx. I've been working on my '92 Wrangler since August. It's a total restoration, but making good progress!

My '92 though looked pretty good from 25', it was rusty, worn, neglected, and in need of a total restoration, but I knew that when I bought it. I've made fantastic progress and won't be long before I start the body work on the tub. I had the tub, front fenders, frame, grill sandblasted, then primered for me to tackle. However, getting the mechanical out of the way for now.

though no pictures, it was infested with a few black widow spiders which I took care of pretty quickly, but still have the heebyjeepies!

I'll try to be more active here, but need to start thinking of a number, but not #12! lol
dne'

Dne007

Re: No#yet

Post by Dne007 » October 22nd, 2020, 7:01 pm

just a pic of the tub in primer. I took the parts on my 14' trailer to the blaster~ came back in pretty white, but sand beige is getting nearer;)

Dne007

Post by Dne007 » October 22nd, 2020, 7:03 pm

These are the wheels it came with, off of a TJ I think the PO said; I'm thinking these may work, but considering the correct wheels

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » October 22nd, 2020, 7:12 pm

the factory rims should be cheap once you find them. use search tempest. depending on your LJ1 you might want to use a dark grey primer to better match the factory color. LJ1 these days is slightly too light in color
I am John Sisemore on Facebook

Dne007

Post by Dne007 » October 23rd, 2020, 8:30 am

Hi John;) can you familiarize me with the LJ1? Are your referring to the wheels for the darker primer? I've a ways to go before I'm even there, but nice to know;)

Dne007

update on engine

Post by Dne007 » December 4th, 2020, 10:49 am

Hi, back at it;) I media blasted the intake and painted it with Eastwoods paint, valve cover in Krinkle red for a pop when the hood will be opened;) I have re-wrapped the wiring harnesses and recently installed the engine harness, gas tank/pump, fuel injector, rail, engine wiring, distributor installed with new plug wires, cap, rotors, All new brakes, lines, etc, "Spared no expense"!
I do wish someone made replacement fuel lines:( I'll get a dremel after the surface rust on the quick releases and see if I can clean them up a bit.
now shown, but went with the better valve cover gasket vs the cork.

I had bought a stainless custom exhaust manifold, but was poorly made, went with an original exhaust manifold, media blasted and painted with Eastwood exhaust manifold paint.

http://www.classiccarsandtools.com/2020 ... -jurassic/

Dne007

Post by Dne007 » December 4th, 2020, 4:26 pm

Dne007

A little bodywork

Post by Dne007 » December 5th, 2020, 4:56 pm

The sides of this poor jeep are not terribly great, but with a little more fine body filler and sanding, should be good for possible paint on Monday. The weather should be sunny, high in the '60s, dry. The rest of the week will be rain~ :(

The sandblasting company after blasting, they coated it with something different this time, it's tough and offers a super foundation. I will leave the interior area white as well as the underneath. The interior will have fatmat or something similar. I'll probably do the entire cab and passenger area.

Another full two coats of high build primer, sand and tweak tomorrow;)

Dne007

Post by Dne007 » December 7th, 2020, 6:29 pm

Yesterday spent more time getting the tub ready, spray a couple more coats of high build primer and sanded that out, still have some work to do on it.
The final epoxy coat is a darker gray, not light like the high build primer

Just laid some of the parts out. I'll put the doors back on the jeep when I paint it; waiting on a tailgate/hinges:(

The front fenders I spent a lot of time on today, but called it a day and epoxied/ then put it in high build primer for tomorrow mornings work. Tomorrow I should have a pretty good day. My husband will be going somewhere and I'll be able to not be bothered for a little bit.

Time to make dinner;)

austinjpj

Post by austinjpj » December 8th, 2020, 12:48 am

Great job!!! thanks for the pictures!