iMan's Jeep #18

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
iMan

iMan's Jeep #18

Post by iMan » August 15th, 2013, 4:02 am

Hey guys. I just recently purchased my Jeep to start the JP conversion. It is a '94 Sahara, Auto with 86K on the clock. Unfortunately I am still over in Japan since I am stationed here but I am returning home in Oct to head to my new base so I haven't even seen her in person yet. My Pops went and picked it up for me. After doing the initial mechanical check on it, everything is in great working order. No rust since it has been a FL Jeep it's whole life, new belts and pulleys, condenser, master cylinder and other bits and bobs. The only thing that I had to buy for it mechanically was a new radiator as the stock one had a slight leak in it. It made the 2 hr drive home though but to be safe, I picked up a new Aluminum one for about $91 shipped.

It's been at my parents house for 2 weeks and not a single drop of oil or fluids in the driveway. It does need some new E Brake parts as the old one doesn't work but that's no biggie not being a Manual. Enough talk, here are some pics of her:

Things I have already bought for the Jeep and are waiting for me at home to install:
- New Hood Mount Kit
- Rear Tire Stopper (it's currently missing)
- Disc Brake Dust Covers
- New Wiper Arms
- New Rain-X Wiper Blades
- Front Bumper Horn Corners
- New Catalytic Converter (old one is slightly loose but I like "new" so I bought one)
- Original MOPAR Light Bar

Items that I have sourced and new to pick up when I get home:
- 5 OEM 5-Spoke Alloy Wheels
- Ramsey 6000 Winch (Hopefuly, guy hasn't contracted me back yet)

Things I am doing as soon as I get home:
- Herculine Interior
- Shampoo and Deep Clean Seats/Carpet
- Install New Radio and All New Speakers
- Getting Personalized Plate for it
- Find Replacement Rear Windows (they are missing now)

Still Need to Buy:
- Rear KC Amber Lamps
- CB Antenna and Mount
- BF Goodrich All-Terrains
- Stock Fog Headlights
- Winch Plate/Fairlead
- Decals (Already talking to Ratrace about them)

I plan on making this Jeep as screen accurate as possible. I have been doing tons of research for it. This site is so awesome, thank you all for being awesome nerds like me. :)

- Justin
94 Sahara - JP18 - In Progress

AdamT
Completed JP Jeep

Re: iMan's Jeep #18

Post by AdamT » August 15th, 2013, 6:37 am

The jeep looks like a great starter. Your lucky that you got the screen-accurate half doors. It took me forever to find those. The 102" whip CB Antenna and spring and ball mount I bought from radio shack for a good deal. Good luck!
Thanks,
Adam

yj87jp

Post by yj87jp » August 15th, 2013, 7:24 am

Nice find and I would go to one of your local dealerships when you get back because I'm pretty sure there's still an open recall on the e brake
WE GOT DODSON, WE GOT DODSON HERE!

iMan

Post by iMan » August 15th, 2013, 7:46 am

Thanks Adam. It seems they are sold out online of the whip antenna so I will try my local RadioShack once I get home.

yj87jp, I did not know that about the E-Brake. I will hit the dealership as well. Thanks.

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » August 15th, 2013, 3:17 pm

sold out! probably because of all the jp jeepers.
I am John Sisemore on Facebook

iMan

Post by iMan » August 15th, 2013, 9:08 pm

ratrace427 wrote:sold out! probably because of all the jp jeepers.
Haha. Probably. I don't see them as being that popular outside our community.

I still need those decals from you btw. :)

hayabusa18
Completed JP Jeep

Post by hayabusa18 » August 18th, 2013, 7:59 am

Wow that jeep is clean and a great jeep to build off of good luck with it!

iMan

Post by iMan » August 18th, 2013, 8:08 am

hayabusa18 wrote:Wow that jeep is clean and a great jeep to build off of good luck with it!
Thanks. Yeah, I got lucky with this one. I found it the first day I started looking for a base Jeep. It was on Craigslist from a dealer. Called them and they said the Jeep was on consignment so I got ahold of the owner and worked out a private sale so I wouldn't have to pay all the dealer fees. It was listed at $8995 which was ridiculous. I ended up getting it for $5800. A tad higher than what you guys paid but I don't mind, clean as a whistle and rust free. My kind of Jeep. :)

iMan

Post by iMan » August 21st, 2013, 7:36 am

Getting kinda worried. Bought a light bar off Craig'slist but it was from Indy so I had to have it shipped. Guy said he would sent tracking info once it went out. It's been like 5 days.... I used PayPal so I should be covered.

hayabusa18
Completed JP Jeep

Post by hayabusa18 » August 21st, 2013, 9:15 am

iMan wrote:
hayabusa18 wrote:Wow that jeep is clean and a great jeep to build off of good luck with it!
Thanks. Yeah, I got lucky with this one. I found it the first day I started looking for a base Jeep. It was on Craigslist from a dealer. Called them and they said the Jeep was on consignment so I got ahold of the owner and worked out a private sale so I wouldn't have to pay all the dealer fees. It was listed at $8995 which was ridiculous. I ended up getting it for $5800. A tad higher than what you guys paid but I don't mind, clean as a whistle and rust free. My kind of Jeep. :)
My first jeep we payed $5600 for so just a little bit higher than that.