N.H. Jeep #06

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
Forge

N.H. Jeep #06

Post by Forge » February 3rd, 2013, 12:10 am

Moved the Jeep from the seller's lot today. A sudden ice storm had kept me from doing it during the week, and 80 miles in a unknown vehicle at night in a squall seemed like a bad idea!

So, here she is. 1993. Pretty sound. Straight, very few dings. $2500 Excuse the initial crappy photos. iPhone'd them in.

I picked #06 for a couple reasons. One of which is a reference to the original The Prisoner series. ;)
Spared no expense!
Spared no expense!
JP2.JPG (73.33 KiB) Viewed 11610 times
Rust was minimal--all things considered--and the frame is pretty sound. A couple of the panels may need replaced, but I'll be attending to those on an 'as painting' basis. Couple factory options have gone missing, fog lamps for instance. But nothing I can't find locally. Oh...and I 'Hulk Smash hood retainers!' by accident when I was checking the engine before I left. :P

However...there was one HUGE problem... This....
Aggh! ElDiablo!
Aggh! ElDiablo!
JP3.JPG (62.43 KiB) Viewed 11610 times
Honk if you love raptors?
Honk if you love raptors?
JP4.JPG (56.12 KiB) Viewed 11610 times
MUCH Better.

Sadly, I'm a little jacked up from a slip on the ice this week. So, driving a stick was a bit of a problem. As a result, I played chase vehicle while my wife drove the new raptor-mobile home. It worked out well in the end since it allowed me to watch the Jeep for suspension travel, tire wobble...parts falling off. The suspension was recently refreshed, so it handled nice and tight, and the engine still had plenty of get up and go. New tires...a little transmission chatter. Thermostat wasn't reading and the speedo cable obviously needs replaced soon...but otherwise it's a good start.

I'll post some additional photos tomorrow (interior, etc) when I dig out the Nikon.

First order of business is to hit the local bone yards for MIA factory pieces and anything better than I already have.

Come spring I'll be doing paint right away and eventually be rebuilding a separate chassis to move the body to so that the frame is never an issue.

I do 90% of my own work (paint, body, engine/trans rebuilds, mods), so keep an eye out if you like that sort of thing.
View my past, present, and future projects on: http://www.facebook.com/SephiriStudios

DrewSmith007
Site Moderator
Vehicle Make/Model: 1993 Ford Explorer

Re: N.H. Jeep #06

Post by DrewSmith007 » February 3rd, 2013, 2:31 am

Very nice, you stole that at $2500.

Forge

Post by Forge » February 3rd, 2013, 11:20 am

DrewSmith007 wrote:Very nice, you stole that at $2500.
That's my thought. I hope I feel that way once the panels are off!

Seller had been asking about double that with no takers. From what I can tell so far, it would have still been a good deal. I came across it right after the mark down. Coincidentally, it was right after an acquaintance took me on a tour of ILM. So, I guess the JP props I saw brought me some good luck!
View my past, present, and future projects on: http://www.facebook.com/SephiriStudios

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » February 3rd, 2013, 12:10 pm

Good find well done, can't wait to see the inside. Could I ask a favour while your at the junk yard please? Some jackass smashed into my jeep in the ice in a carpark & just left a note saying "sorry it was a trex" funny yet un helpfull!!! They hit my side step it's ok but the black bit is broken :(. Could you see if they have a replace? I don't need the full step just the black bit. PM me if ya need too :)

Forge

Post by Forge » February 3rd, 2013, 1:40 pm

weapon lxxxi wrote:Good find well done, can't wait to see the inside. Could I ask a favour while your at the junk yard please? Some jackass smashed into my jeep in the ice in a carpark & just left a note saying "sorry it was a trex" funny yet un helpfull!!! They hit my side step it's ok but the black bit is broken :(. Could you see if they have a replace? I don't need the full step just the black bit. PM me if ya need too :)
Happy to. PM sent.

yj87jp

Post by yj87jp » February 3rd, 2013, 1:52 pm

Wait I picked #06 ;) really nice jeep though, good luck with your build
WE GOT DODSON, WE GOT DODSON HERE!

Forge

Post by Forge » February 3rd, 2013, 4:54 pm

yj87jp wrote:Wait I picked #06 ;) really nice jeep though, good luck with your build
Man...those Jeep factory techs and their lost paperwork...can't trust them to keep the numbers straight!

Tell you what, I'll take Sorna, you can have Nublar. You get a better movie, I get a spinosaur and Raptor 3.0! Fair trade. =)

yj87jp

Post by yj87jp » February 3rd, 2013, 7:36 pm

Forge wrote:
yj87jp wrote:Wait I picked #06 ;) really nice jeep though, good luck with your build
Man...those Jeep factory techs and their lost paperwork...can't trust them to keep the numbers straight!

Tell you what, I'll take Sorna, you can have Nublar. You get a better movie, I get a spinosaur and Raptor 3.0! Fair trade. =)
Fair enough that means I get the explorers too :lol:
WE GOT DODSON, WE GOT DODSON HERE!

Forge

Post by Forge » February 10th, 2013, 6:09 pm

Welcome to Hoth
Welcome to Hoth
Screen Shot 2013-02-10 at 6.03.49 PM.png (364.09 KiB) Viewed 11550 times
Well, it seems as if the Jeep project is suddenly on hold until Spring! So much for a light winter.

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » February 10th, 2013, 7:30 pm

Its time to pack up and move south! How can you deal with that? Im sorry...hope you dont die. LOL
I am John Sisemore on Facebook